Copyright & Usage Rights
In case you want me to delete one or more images, depicting you or your child, please send me a short message … i will delete it immediately!
I publish my work in the context of my artistic work as a photographer and they are an expression of my creative process and for me a tribute to nature and each individual. I choose the images with great care and attention and I only want to show the most beautiful and most precious ... but always respect if you would like me to delete an image.
If you have contributed to the magic of an event as an integral part as an artist, musician, dancer, teacher, healer or helper, I would like to show my appreciation for your work and dedication in the following way: Please point me to the individual images with you and i will send them to you in full resolution as a gift. I'm not expecting a compensation for this gift and you are free to use them in any way you like. If you think the pictures are valuable and you would like to express your appreciation with a counter present, you could orientate yourself to my prices for individual photos or photo packages without the expectations of my side to do so. Please do not feel obliged to make a counter present to me.
If you wish to use my images for advertising purposes for money gain, then you need to purchase a license before you use them (except see "Gift" above)! These images are how I earn my living.
I work as a professional photographer, my work is copyright protected so you must always ask for permission before using my images!
If you use my images for advertising purposes for money gain and you did not ask for permission or you did not buy the images you will be charged EUR 70 per image!
- downloading and storing my images for personal and non-commercial purposes (most of my published pictures are large enough so that you can print them in a 11cm version)
- sharing my pictures on Facebook using the "Share" button (so the link to my profile is always placed)
- use one of my pictures as your profile picture in personal profiles or corporate pages on Facebook (the requirement is that a link is placed to my profile in the description of the profile image along with attribiution)
- the use of my pictures for the cover in personal profiles or corporate pages on Facebook (prerequisite see above)
What is prohibited without written permission (except see "Gift" above)
- the commercial use of my photos
- downloading and storing my images for commercial purposes ( for example, websites, flyers, postcards, posters, banners, business cards, Facebook events , etc. )
- uploading my images to the internet after you have previously downloaded them from the Internet (whether private or commercial ... see "Share" button under "What's Allowed" )
- covering up or cutting or croping the "Lichtseelen.com " Logo
- the use in Facebook-Events
- the use in advertising for e.g. events, services, products, courses, retreats and workshops
What is still prohibited even with a purchased use license
- the resale of my pictures
If you share my pictures on Facebook with the Share button, no additional attribution is required, because the link is automatically provided by Facebook through the sharing function. (sharing my photos with the share button on Facebook is absolutely free of charge).
Otherwise please place the following information in a discreet but readable form somewhere near the image: "Photo: Axel Hebenstreit - Lichtseelen.com" ... ideally ... but "Photo: Axel Hebenstreit" or "Photo: Lichtseelen.com" is also possible. When using the images on the Internet, i'm happy if "Lichtseelen.com" is a real clickable link, but that's not a must.
Same goes with the usage of my artwork in physical newspapers and magazines, booklets & CDs and books.
For posters, one or two-page flyers or cards, business cards and merchandising products (e.g. t-shirts, cups) you are not required to place the name. In these cases you should evaluate if it disturbs your intentions and you are allowed to omit the attribution if placing the name does so.
The attribution must also take place if watermark / logo "lichtseelen.com" is already visible in the photo.
Abandoning the attribution is possible on request.
Info: Every photographer is entitled to be named using his images by German copyright law
If you would like to share my images on Instagram please name „ @lichtseelen – Axel Hebenstreit ” as the author.
Usage Rights & Attribution
Purchasing rights to use photographic artworks always goes along with the obligation to give proper attribution of the author. This is a worldwide standard which can be omitted by an exemption. I do charge 50% surplus for that exemption right but it is rarely requested by clients (e.g. nude art or luxury products).
Exclusive rights and attribution are two separate things. In all my photo sessions my clients automatically get the exclusive rights to use my artwork with the exception that i am allowed to use the images also to advertise and showcase my work. Meaning i will not sale or give the permission to use this artwork to any third party without your written permission with the above outlined exception. These exclusive rights do not automatically entitle you to omit the proper attribution.